BLADE 0.2Alpha: Vector operations with mixins, expression templates,

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com.au
Fri Apr 6 08:29:51 PDT 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:
> Georg Wrede wrote:
>> Dan wrote:

>>> Wow.  That's the most excited I've seen Walter.  : )
>>
>> LOL, have to admit I agree!!!
>
> It really is very cool and all, but did I just miss the benchmarks?  I
> need numbers, man!   You can generate all the assembly you want, but at
> the end of the day its the numbers that people care about.
>
> --bb

You're right, but it wasn't posted as a finished product!
I post this sort of thing every now and again, largely to give Walter
some feedback as to what the language is doing at the bleeding edge. In
this case, I thought it would be relevant to AST macro development.
Also I posted this to get an idea if there was much interest in this
sort of thing -- I don't have a great deal of free time, so I want to
make good use of it. I only got the code working a few days ago.
The speed of the code will likely be affected by how well DMD optimises
the tuple copying. I even haven't looked at what code it's actually
generating.