BLADE 0.2Alpha: Vector operations with mixins, expression templates,

Dan murpsoft at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 6 10:16:17 PDT 2007

Don Clugston Wrote:
> this case, I thought it would be relevant to AST macro development.
> Also I posted this to get an idea if there was much interest in this
> sort of thing -- I don't have a great deal of free time, so I want to
> make good use of it. I only got the code working a few days ago.
> The speed of the code will likely be affected by how well DMD optimises
> the tuple copying. I even haven't looked at what code it's actually
> generating.

In essence, it's a *demonstration* that with all of D's features combined, one can write a fwicked-optimized compiler at compile time in D.

He's also working towards it being Agner Fog's ideal of optimal; and is taking the right steps to do it.  Agner Fog is quite respected for his work in the x86 family of assembly; and previously I haven't seen any program that can *generate* code sufficiently well to approach his optimal assembly source.