New Features Always Come With Bugs

Davidl Davidl at 126.com
Thu Apr 12 08:03:49 PDT 2007

There is nothing in the world can be free of bug while offer you new
features.
So I think in some degree walter & DMD go in the right way.

And complains won't get better result, why not fix it by yourself? Most
unfixed
bugs are frontend related. And frontend source is open. And I don't
consider the
dummy stable branch would do any good , it just wastes time on diffing &
commiting.
Cause the idea is just simple , why not use the new version with bugs
fixed?
And some might complain new DMD version just not get right. Then I really
suggest
those people try to wait a little bit. DMD is still in development stage.
Putting
  it to STABLE status too early will never be good. Ok, of course, some
people will
lampoon 1.0 thingie. Yet, it's how commercial world goes. So don't be
naive ! Be
a realist! While you do business , you should never hope your product be
stable ,
then announce it 1.0, your product will just lose the race.

I think Walter will pay more effort on the way how DMD development goes
and the
way it will go.