New Features Always Come With Bugs

Falk-Florian Henrich schreibmalwieder at hammerfort.de
Thu Apr 12 09:59:07 PDT 2007

Am Thu, 12 Apr 2007 23:03:49 +0800 schrieb Davidl:

> There is nothing in the world can be free of bug while offer you new
> features.

True, but that's not at all the point of the discussion.

> So I think in some degree walter & DMD go in the right way.
>
> And complains won't get better result, why not fix it by yourself? Most
> unfixed
> bugs are frontend related. And frontend source is open. And I don't

Yeah, right. I put several days into reading the D 1.011 frontend code,
spend another couple of days fixing some bugs only to download 1.012
which contains some sort of modifications that break my bug fixes,
because the original compiler author is not aware of them. I think this
problem stops many people who would like to help with D (myself included).

Right now, the only way to contribute to the D frontend is to do a fork
and work on that.

Falk