D CHM (HTML Help) update (1.011)

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 11:16:46 PDT 2007

Greetings,

Some time ago I released a program which would automatically create an HTML Help project from D's HTML help files.
The original release is here: http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?article_id=51175
I've made some improvements, and here's the next version.

Most importantly, the program now inserts anchors for Phobos DDOC keywords - thus, when looking up Phobos identifiers from the help index, the page will automatically scroll down to the identifier's documentation. This could make looking up Phobos functions from IDEs much more comfortable.

As suggested by Jussi Jumppanen, I've changed the title to "D Programming Language". The program also uses the current version of Kirk McDonald's keyword index ( http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?LanguageSpecification/KeywordIndex ).

I've attached the program; to make the CHM yourself, place it to dmd/html/, compile and run it. It will generate a Microsoft HTML Help Workshop project, along with the required files. After it's done, open the project file (d.hhp) with Microsoft's CHM compiler, and compile it.

I have also updated my pre-built version of the CHM, located here:
http://thecybershadow.net/d/docs/d.chm
This one is built from 1.011's HTML help files.

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                          mailto:thecybershadow at gmail.com