DSSS, Dsource, and cpan

Justin C Calvarese technocrat7 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 16:19:11 PDT 2007

Brad Anderson wrote:
> I have had project activity statistics planned and partially implemented for a
> while now, and need to find the time to get it completed.  There are some
> issues, like what makes good statistics, but I think I should just impose my
> will on you and have you "like it." ;)

Maybe we could start with "some statistics" and move on to "good
statistics" over time. ;)

By the way, I created a wiki page at Wiki4D with notes about various
Dsource projects:

http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?DsourceOrg

Sometimes it's just nice to have various aspects of the project
information combined onto the same page. (I especially like having the
forum links right next to the project links, but maybe that's just
because I miss the custom PHP/MySQL stuff we used to have at Dsource.)

Also, it can be useful since this page could show up when I search on
Wiki4D.

> I have also talked with GregorR to create a shared authentication scheme
> between dsss.codu.org, dsource.org, and any other D site that wishes.  We
> didn't get past the discussion phase, but I still think that one
> username/password combo in D-land should be enough.  OpenID seems like a good
> idea here.

As long as different sites might be sharing credentials, I think it'd be
cool if puremagic's "Issue Tracking System" were shared with Dsource,
but that might be too much to hope for.

--
jcc7