DMD needs branches

torhu fake at address.dude
Thu Apr 12 17:28:08 PDT 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> Frank Benoit (keinfarbton) wrote:
>> I like this proposal.
>> And i think that ppl will test the beta. Even ppl on larger projects
>> will test it, because they *want* a stable version.
>
> I'm not sure what it buys, since 1.011 obviously breaks things, and I'll
> fix it as soon as I can.

This is pasted from the readme.txt for my DWT app:

---
Versions 0.174 to 1.0 should work.
Versions 1.001 to 1.006 do not work properly with DWT apps.
Version 1.007 through 1.010 works.
Versions 1.011 and 1.012 do not work.
---

Maybe I'm taking the wrong approach to this.  But I don't know how I
could realistically avoid it.  Being able to replace it with 'A beta
compiler version might not be able to build this project' would be nice.