Time to do a Man's Work ??

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Fri Apr 13 16:01:29 PDT 2007

Lionello Lunesu wrote:
> "Georg Wrede" <georg at nospam.org> wrote in message
> news:461FF647.6000805 at nospam.org...
>> It's getting to a fortnight since Andrei last posted here.
>>
>> That'd be the longest pause he ever had here.
>>
>> Walter has (both presumably, and hopefully) the closest contact with him.
>> Kris (and John) was instrumental in the "rise to barricades".
>>
>> Now, John has already showed he's a Real Man, When It Comes Down To It.
>>

>> What I'm right now expecting, is: Walter tells us Andrei's disappearance
>> had nothing to do with "the incident".
>
> It might just be possible that he's recovering from Orthodox Easter. The
> whole country (Romania) seems kind-of paralyzed by the nation-wide feast
> that takes place after the fasting.

He is a grad student now too.  Maybe he had to actually get back to
doing some research work to make his advisor happy.  Maybe he's working
hard on a paper.  A lot of submission deadlines for conferences are
around this time of year.  And there's spring break too.  Maybe he's out
playing with 2 many knives[1].

Or maybe he just decided to give Walter a chance to catch up. :-)

> Seriously though, I too hope that Andrei will be back.

Me too.

> I sure like reading his views on D. That, and the fact that I love to see my romanian colleagues
> panic when I show them another of his posts in this group. (They are C++
> fans and regard Andrei's interest in D as treason)

Heh heh.

> And what's more, we got "ref"!

In Romania, "ref" gets YOU!  Oh nevermind...

[1] http://www.homestarrunner.com/2manyknives.html

--bb