Time to do a Man's Work ??

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Sat Apr 14 06:35:11 PDT 2007

Georg Wrede wrote:

>> but he has decided to give up the newsgroup (or rather, he decided
>> that when he felt it got too uncivilized for his tastes).
>
> Appalling.
>
> Too many of the discussions people entangled him in here were of such
> low quality that for Andrei, it was a total waste of time. Unless we
> here can improve substantially, there's no gain for him in coming back.
> Nor for the likes of him.

If one cannot discuss things with the one who brought it up (which was
Andrei in the situation you're talking about), then I would see no reason
in having discussions here at all, and especially when the one you think is
at fault here ended up with defending allegations toward a project he has
spent considerable time on. Kris has himself stayed away from this
newsgroup since then due to the waste of time that these discussions were
(although one could find some technical enlightenment if one filtered out
the rest).

Personally I have never been the one spending too much time discussing
technicalities, but I certainly will spend even less time now. I don't feel
like sucking up allegations to the work of me and my teammates however, and
will continue to try and pick up Tango subjects in the newsgroups,
hopefully without being pulled forth to do a mans work.

There are other things in this world to feel strongly about.

---
To my home town, and those who lost their loved ones in the Bourbon Dolphin
capside, my deepest condolances.
---
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net