DSSS, Dsource, and cpan

Gregor Richards Richards at codu.org
Sat Apr 14 21:51:20 PDT 2007

Gregor Richards wrote:
> Another step along these lines. Since DSSS can now easily generate
> documentation for everything it builds (with ddoc), and I will soon be
> automatically generating this documentation and uploading it (probably)
> to dsss.codu.org.
>
>  - Gregor Richards

I put the documentation which could be easily generated in my first run
up at http://dsss.codu.org/docs/

There are a number of projects that need a slight change with recent
changes to DSSS, and as a side-effect they can't generate documentation
(yet).

Unfortunately, creating this documentation index has mostly taught me
that most software doesn't have ddoc documentation :P

  - Gregor Richards

PS:
Libraries that couldn't have documentation generated have dsss.conf's in
this form:

[+foo.d]
preinstall = install foo.d $INCLUDE_PREFIX

The reason that dsss.conf files used to have entries like that was a bug
in DSSS, which prevented .d files from being installed as libraries.
That bug has been fixed, so this can now be:

[foo.d]
type=sourcelibrary

With this change, documentation will also be generated.