Falling in love with D, but...

Peter Verswyvelen bf3 at telenet-REMOVE.be
Mon Apr 16 11:28:04 PDT 2007

>An "if" has a buffer that gets executed for the true condition, which, when
complete, EIP goes to the start of the *next* statement.

> A "while" has exactly the same thing, except that when that buffer is completed,
EIP goes back to the start of the *same* statement.

Well, it seems you really have to take a look at LISP/Scheme's "continuations"
then. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuation. Really cool things, but not
many people understand them, and they make it difficult to debug or read the code,
but the same could be said about lazy evaluation, closures, etc... I'm not sure if
D supports continuations? I guess one can do the same with closures anyway.