A different kind of Walter? :-)

Alexander Panek alexander.panek at brainsware.org
Tue Apr 17 04:10:05 PDT 2007

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 05:31:49 +0000 (UTC)
John Reimer <terminal.node at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, true.  Regardless, I'd love to see a D-based OS someday. :-)

Just.. give me some time (and pay me, then it'll take less time,
haha! :P). Eventually hakware (from #d) made interrupts working, and
added quite some features upon my codebase - even a working garbage
collector is present at kernel-level, IIRC. :D

I'm sure going to spend some time getting a proper codebase for further
development done, and write some documentation about how to actually
get to the point of being able to write an operating system with D. I
think that's a major weak point of D, as it claims to be a systems
language, but there's no actual system written in it from scratch,
neither documentation on how to achieve that.

Kind regards,
Alex