An open question to Rebuild users

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+Digitalmars at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 00:27:19 PDT 2007

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 23:26:15 -0600, Hasan Aljudy wrote:

> For me, I use neither.
>
> Mainly because I don't understand what's the purpose of DSSS.
> I read the feature list .. and it still doesn't answer my question.
>
> What problem is it trying to solve? In other words: why do I need to use it?
>
> The original build satisfied my needs pretty well, honestly all I ever
> do with my small programs is "build main.d -full -clean"
>
> Plus, I haven't been using D very much lately ...

I'd say that DSSS is trying to be a software distribution manager.
Allowing developers to set up installation of programs written for D to be
compiled and installed using a simple call to DSSS. I will admit that it
is still not as straight forward as most desktop user are use to, but for
those used to the Linux way of things, its simple.

I do have yet to have a flawless net install though. Once I have a better
idea what is causing the problem I'll look into reporting it, but my guess
it that it's not on DSSS's end.