Phobos vs Tango! What's your opinion?

Wed Apr 18 08:34:37 PDT 2007

Dan wrote:
> As I just said in a different thread.  Tango has this OO gleam in it's eye.  It's implementing classes for the craziest of things.  Strings don't need a class!  Implementing a class to store an array is *hugely* wasteful.
[snip]

I think you may be a bit confused. Nobody was talking about a string
class here.
What we were talking about was the fact that Tango has renamed
Object.toString (which returns char[]) to object.toUtf8, and now when
compiled with -version=PhobosCompatibility has "alias toUtf8 toString;"
added to Object.

I was pointing out that classes that override toString won't work even
with that line added, since aliases can't be overridden.