Let Go, Standard Library From Community

freeagle dalibor.free at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 09:19:25 PDT 2007

Dan wrote:
> I just use phobos.  It gets the job done, instead of trying to be everything and anything the user might possibly want to interact with; like the Java libraries.

I think there is a reason why Java's library is trying to provide all
the standard things that the coders might need. If you have a small std
library, like phobos, or stdc, then there will be several groups of
people trying to code the things missing. And so you have bazillion
different libraries trying to solve the same problem. Trying to find the
  one that best fits your needs is a pain. Like trying to find the best
linux distro. You can make a nice analogy with linux and freebsd e.g.
It's very much the same. And majority of people will tell you that only
one instance of FreeBSD is a better thing than hundreds of instances of
linux

Freeagle