summing large arrays - or - performance of tight loops

Dan murpsoft at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 18 10:31:20 PDT 2007

Indeed, this is clearly an optimization problem.  I agree that we should put our faith in the compiler because it's bad to undermine it to try to write optimal code when the compiler may still be improved to solve the problem *properly*

That said, DMDScript undermines associative arrays by completely re-implementing them with a tweak - instead of using opIndex and opIndexAssign.  : p

But yes, let's work on getting the compiler to Do The Right Thing(tm) so we don't have to kludge our code, mm?