An open question to Rebuild users

Johan Granberg lijat.meREM at OVEgmail.com
Thu Apr 19 05:14:15 PDT 2007

Gregor Richards wrote:

> Since many of the responses to this thread suggested that people don't
> understand why DSSS is useful above just a build tool like bud or
> rebuild. I've created a basic DSSS-by-example page, to describe why DSSS
> is useful, and what advantages it gives the user. It needs more work,
> but is a good start.
>
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/dsss/wiki/DSSSByExample
>
>   - Gregor Richards

Thanks this documentation cleared up a lot of things.

I have a few questions thou, either this was not documented or I could not
find it. Overall dsss was much more compleat than I thought.

1.
how is libs with subdirs handled?

//example directory structure
mylib/
        lib.d
        file.d
        subdir/
                somefile.d
                someother.d
        anotherdir/
                anotherfile.d

If building a .a library will the files in the subdirs be compiled, and if
so when are they included?
(if I don't import them with a version flag?)

2.
Where does dsss net deps install the deps,
current dir or globally, (configurable)?

3.
The pre/post instal/uninstal/clean are they target specific or common to the
entire file.

4.
Is it possible to build a specific target from a file instead of all of them
(as if specifying make targetname).

5.
How is library dependencies specified in the dsss file.

Thanks in advance.