Let Go, Standard Library From Community

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Thu Apr 19 09:33:23 PDT 2007

Dan wrote:
> When I see a bunch of code that works, such as raw D
 >  source with language features, and I compare it with a
 > library made out of template and class hierarchies, I'm
 > very hesitant.

Some points of analysis worth considering are average lines of code,
number of parameters, cyclometric complexity, etc.  One can't infer much
from the simple presence of templates or a class hierarchy.  Heck, the
presence of templates can suggest more robust code than average, because
they tend to prevent code duplication and force a focus on algorithm
design rather than type-specific optimizations (which can be a source of
bugs).  Similar things could be said for classes.

Sean