Let Go, Standard Library From Community

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Fri Apr 20 15:07:06 PDT 2007

Daniel Keep wrote:
> This is one thing I really lament about my uni education thus far.  Two
> topics that basically have *never* been covered in even minimal detail
> have been optimisation and debugging.

Most great programmers didn't learn programming from taking college
courses. They learned it on their own. Programming has the nice
characteristic that it is fairly straightforward to learn on your own.

Want to take advantage of what a university can offer? Taking the basic
course in each of following will pay you lifelong dividends:

1) Calculus
2) Accounting
3) Physics
4) Chemistry