A different kind of Walter? :-)

Dan murpsoft at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 20 16:17:17 PDT 2007

Chris Nicholson-Sauls Wrote:
> Dan wrote:
> > Maat, Aker, St. Peter, Gatekeeper, Guardian, BlackSphere, or Garmies were the first that came to mind.
>
> Going the route of those first couple ideas (naming after psychopomps) there's the
> possibilities Yinepu/Anpu and Wepwawet (which literally means he who opens the way).
> Actually I think that's a perfect theme for selecting a name for something like that.
> Sounds like an interesting project indeed.
>
> -- Chris Nicholson-Sauls

I had to look psychopomps up, thanks Chris, I learned something new today.  I initially took 'he who opens the way' in a buddhist sense, which would be cool, but Wepwawet was actually more scout-for-the-military sort of God.

Check the mythology for Nandi, that's not too bad either.

So, if I named it after Mr Pete, they catholics would probably hang me.
If I name it 'Garmies', the Mormons will.
If I name it 'Maat' I would probably get away with it;

Maat is the Egyptian god of justice, who's feather would be weighed against one's heart upon death; and who ancient judges and even gods would seek approval.

It's also unique enough that I don't think there'll be a name collision.  So Maat it will be?

Now to keep working on Walnut.  : p