Reflection would be really nice

Dan murpsoft at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 22 18:14:37 PDT 2007

BLS Wrote:

> Still hope that you realize that Frank is going to make a zillion lines of JAVA code available for the D community. Even if TIOPORT is far away from beeing perfect... this tool has probabely an bigger impact as we can imagine right now.
> Ergo :  Work hard <as ususal> to enable Java like reflection and forget about the super duper D++ features for a while
> <to be continiued

Actually, I think Reflection is going to be the biggest feature added to D since 1.0; it'll let us easily build context sensitive code generators within D; as we saw with that FPU vector optimization code that was in here a few days ago.

If we get that in order, I could very readily see SSE2 and graphics optimization code generators being written in D; which would blow C++ game support out of the water.