stdcall functions?

Chris Miller chris at dprogramming.com
Mon Apr 23 00:44:13 PDT 2007

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 03:32:31 -0400, Walter Bright
<newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> Chris Miller wrote:
>> How can I make a stdcall function on Linux with DMD? extern(Windows)
>> works, but it gives it DMC's Windows name mangling (e.g. foo at 4) that is
>> not compatible with Linux' stdcall C functions.
>
> I didn't know Linux even had stdcall C functions.

GCC has __attribute__((__stdcall__))

Specifically, I want to work with winelib, which is a Windows API
implementation for Linux (and others); and like Windows, uses stdcall.

Also, there's a static assert in std.c.windows.windows preventing it from
working with winelib; I had to comment that line out and it at least
compiled, just wouldn't link due to the stdcall stuff.