D and the world

Dan murpsoft at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 23 08:30:46 PDT 2007

janderson Wrote:

> Xinok wrote:
> > D only needs two things, though two very big things:
> >
> > 1) A proper IDE
> > 2) Many more libraries
> >
> > The language itself, D, offers enough to make it a practical choice over
> > C++.
> > C# was more or less made to take on Java. As a language, it does offer
> > more, and because of Microsoft's resources, it has a proper IDE and tons
> > of libraries. Thus, C# has become a very popular language, and many
> > people converted from Java to C# for that reason.
>
> Even with many more libraries, D at most would beable to compete with C#
> or Java.  It appears to me, that many of the 3rd party libraries I use
> on a day to day basis would never become part of these many-libraries.
> People simply don't want to re-invent the wheel.
>
> -Joel

Excuse the weirdness, I haven't slept all weekend:
~~

Wheels invented in C++ are not really wheels at all!

Nobody can use them but C++ programmers, and even then it often depends on the compiler.

Let us go forth, and find a means of binding C++ obj files such that they may be imported within C and D; that we may inherit their legacy code!

Is it possible to create a D friendly obj file with the dmc?