Let Go, Standard Library From Community

Dan murpsoft at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 23 12:38:52 PDT 2007

Sean Kelly Wrote:
> being reinvented in the process.  An ignorance of basic algorithms and
> data structures is inexcusable for someone creating software.

Heh.  : D

I agree.  In fact I was arguing the same point last week and someone was coming down on me for it.

That said, I'm guilty of a few cases of ignorance and I learn by reinventing the wheel - I also occassionally invent things that haven't been invented yet... interestingly the process of learning that way has let me become good at (re)invention.

I think to myself "self, what would be a really effective way to do this" and then I answer, "well, if I did this it would work" and then two weeks later go "eureka!  It really should be this way!  I wonder if anyone has done that yet..."

: D

Well, at least I ask if it's been done before instead of just assuming I invented it.

Sincerely,
Dan