D and the world

Dan murpsoft at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 23 12:48:25 PDT 2007

0ffh Wrote:

> Xinok wrote:
> > D only needs two things, though two very big things:
> > 1) A proper IDE
> > 2) Many more libraries
>
> I second this, /especially/ the IDE!
> Just today I told a working colleague who talked about
> C# that he'd better use that really cool new language
> instead of MS-Java. First thing he asked: "Is there any
> proper IDE?". Of course I answered: "Who needs an IDE?",
> but that does not really solve the problem...
>
> Regards, Frank

IDE?  That's a more complicated Notepad++ or SciTE, isn't it?

Last one I tried to use insisted I create a "project" before it would let me do anything.  Then I tried to open my files, and it wouldn't let me compile them because it has some "project" issues.  I fought with it for an hour, and then wondered if it was broken.  I just wanted it to highlight source and let me use the menu to compile my fucking code.  : p

I've since extended SciTE to do exactly that.

It would be nice to have a GUI profiler and debugger... right now I'm using the dmd command line ones.