D and the world

eao197 eao197 at intervale.ru
Mon Apr 23 22:26:53 PDT 2007

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 03:25:48 +0400, Georg Wrede <georg at nospam.org> wrote:

> eao197 wrote:
>> Don Clugston <dac at nospam.com.au> wrote:
>>> The question is, how well does metaprogramming scale in each of these
>>> languages?
>>  I don't understand what you meen with 'scale'.
>
> Scale means: you can do the same thing if your program is small and if
> it is big.

There is another sence of 'scale': can a project with intensive use of
macros be manageable and maintainable if the project team has one,
two,..., ten,..., a hundred or more programmers.

AFAIK, Lisp proves that languages with high degree of metaprogramming
don't scale well in that sence. Because every developer tends to invent
his own, more powerful and elegant Lisp
[http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?SocialProblemsOfLisp ;)].

--
Regards,