D and the world

janderson askme at me.com
Mon Apr 23 22:48:09 PDT 2007

Gregor Richards wrote:
> Has everyone forgotten about bcd.gen?
>
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/bcd/
>
>  - Gregor Richards
>
> (PS: No, it isn't complete. Templates rarely work. I haven't been
> actively working on it since people showed very little interest in it,
> and it had accomplished what I wanted it to)

I should acropolises, Gregor. I completely forgot about this.  Its a
good start for number 2).

I still think that it needs to be so easy to use that people don't need
to think.  For instance being able to simply provide a visual studio
project (and other popular IDEs) and have it convert it over to a D
capable visual studio project, would help a lot.  The final step would
be either providing it on DMD or some sort of serious promotion on the D
website.

It sounds lazy but generally what gets people hooked.

Also, I'm kinda confused why this project never gained much of a
attention even in its current state?

-Joel