how difficlut to create a com object in D

Justin C Calvarese technocrat7 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 23:06:30 PDT 2007

yidabu wrote:
> how difficlut to create a com object in D
>
> in vb6, reference Microsoft Internet Controls in project, then:
>    Set ie = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
>
> only one line code to create a instance of IE
>
> but how difficult to do it in D!

If Juno were updated and we knew how to use it properly, I think it'd be
pretty easy in D, too. But Juno is a little out-of-date right now (and I
don't know how to use it very well).

> jcc7's Juno seems great!

I want to be clear: I'm a big fan of Juno (and I've added some content
to its wiki), but it's not my project. Juno belongs to John.

> Juno:
> http://dsource.org/projects/core32

Well, I don't mean to nitpick, but that's the link for Core32 (which I
am kind of in charge of, but it's been abandoned).

Juno's link is http://www.dsource.org/projects/juno

> example:
> http://svn.dsource.org/projects/l8night/trunk/l8night/dfc/examples/browser/main.d

That example requires l8night/dfc and Core32 (both of which would need
to be updated to use with recent versions of D). It shows how to create
embed Internet Explorer into an application -- which I think is really
cool, but it'd take some work to update it for DMD 1.00+.

> oldrev modified juno.com.base to fit new version of DMD:
> http://bbs.yidabu.com/attachments/d/combase.zip
>
> but Juno is very outdated! can't running in a recent version of DMD.

I wouldn't consider Juno to be "very" outdated, but it hasn't been
updated since a revision or two before DMD 1.00 came out. So its
development has fallen behind.

> the IE example seems simple, unfornately, I'm newbie of programming, and New to D, I unable to do some work to get it running in a recent version of DMD
>
> anybody help?

I developed a simple Internet Explorer example to work using the
Microsoft Script Control (which is sort of cheating) using a slightly
modified version of oldrev's Juno version.

Anyway, I think it might be helpful for you, so I attached the code. I
don't think that it quite does what you want, but perhaps it will serve
as inspiration.

--
jcc7