D and the world [and bcd.gen]

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Mon Apr 23 23:29:14 PDT 2007

Alexander Panek wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 22:48:09 -0700
> janderson <askme at me.com> wrote:
>> Also, I'm kinda confused why this project never gained much of a
>> attention even in its current state?
>
> Well, I do tell anyone who joins #d and asks for bindings...so.. it's
> most likely an issue of too little advertisement media, or such. ;)

Maybe there just aren't that many folks with massive C APIs they want to
wrap?  Hmmm... maybe I could give it a try on the CBLAS/CLAPACK headers.
  I wrapped the Fortran BLAS/LAPACK libs directly using some crappy
scripts I hacked up in Python.  But maybe bcd.gen on the C ports would
be a better way to go.

For other stuff I've ported/wrapped, it's mostly been small enough to
not be worth the effort of using an automated tool.

--bb