Let Go, Standard Library From Community

Jeff Nowakowski jeff at dilacero.org
Tue Apr 24 16:33:08 PDT 2007

Stephen Waits wrote:
> This blog post just hit my radar yesterday.  Thought it was appropriate
> to this conversation.
>
>   http://ihurl.com/2f

And the full URL (I really dislike hidden URLs):

http://steve-yegge.blogspot.com/2006/03/math-for-programmers.html

That was a good blog article, thanks for posting it.  I agree with a lot
of what he says, in particular about the way math is taught.  As I have
said, I didn't mind the concepts so much as attention to arcane detail.
  I actually do what he's been doing, that is revisiting math as I need
it while running across it in research papers.

I still think, however, that the vast majority of programmers can get by
with basic algebra, discrete math, and a high level understanding of
calculus.

-Jeff