stdcall functions?

Chris Miller chris at dprogramming.com
Tue Apr 24 21:34:53 PDT 2007

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 17:02:29 -0400, Anders Bergh <anders at andersman.org>
wrote:

> __attribute__((__stdcall__)) does nothing in gcc on Linux. Windows and
> Linux do not share the same ABI, so gcc doesn't care about that
> attribute on non-Windows OS's as far as I know.

It's doing something here, on 32 bits. I tested it by marking a function
definition as stdcall but not its prototype; it linked but did odd things
before segfaulting. Matching both without stdcall or both with stdcall
made it work as normal.

However, I did notice with 64 bits, gcc will ignore the stdcall attribute.