D and the world

eao197 eao197 at intervale.ru
Wed Apr 25 12:44:46 PDT 2007

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 23:23:52 +0400, "Jari-Matti Ma"kela""
<jmjmak at utu.fi.invalid> wrote:

>> But Nemerle allow to use all power of language in macro processing
>
> Does it offer builtin facilities for parsing the macro code, if it's of
> some unknown syntax or does it set some limits to the syntax? Or is it
> handled as a string as in D?

It has a 'syntax macro' which allow some kind of syntax extension[1, 2].
But I'm not an Nemerle programmer, so it is hard to me to give details. It
seems that there are some limitation, but it is possible to present some
'hard' fragments as a strings or fragments in special quotes (like (), {},
[], <[]> and so on).

[1] http://nemerle.org/Features#New_language_constructs
[2] http://nemerle.org/Syntax_extensions

>> (for example it is possible to open and read files in compile-time,

> Well, this is possible in D now too.

May be I miss something. How to do this in D in compile-time?

--
Regards,
Yauheni Akhotnikau