RDMD - source - change

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Wed Apr 25 23:42:48 PDT 2007

eddy1985 wrote:

> I found recently (http://www.algonet.se/~afb/d/rdmd.d) rdmd source and a
> little bit changed of curiosity if work with for example GPP. When I run
> changed RDMD with *.cpp file then display on console: "/usr/bin/ld: cannot
> open output file d/tmp/: No such file or directory/collect2: ld returned 1
> exit status". Is there any possibility of changing source of rdmd that support
> other than D Language ??

It should answer
"rdmd: Couldn't find any D source code file to compile or execute."

Mostly because the syntax only works with the DMD compiler or the
gdmd wrapper to GDC, it could probably be made to work with GCC too
and allow .c and .cpp files but this was not in the original spec...

Anyway, gcc and g++ write their program to "a.out", unless using -o.
It also need to be modified (either the compiler or the sources) to
allow the shebang, or you'll get "invalid preprocessing directive #!"

--anders