interop with other environments

Dan murpsoft at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 26 08:41:07 PDT 2007

Alexander Panek Wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:06:03 +0300
> Max Samukha <samukha at voliacable.com> wrote:
> > Using what they call P/Invoke, you should be able to access from a
> > .NET assembly any C functions exported by a dll compiled from D
> > source. If you are adventurous enough you could even try to create a
> > COM wrapper around a .NET assembly and use it from D.
>
> :O
>
> That sounds disgusting and evul!
>
> *hides*

I don't think Microsoft is evil, I just think their programmers are overpaid, and their marketers underpaid.

Yeah, using a Microsoft interface spec to access stuff from a Microsoft runtime environment written in a Microsoft programming language sounds disgusting all right.

But... some people like it dirty.