D and expression evaluation order.

Luís Marques luismarques+spam at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 11:53:32 PDT 2007

Manfred Nowak wrote:
> - if a coder wants to define an order, she/he is free to use an
> appropriate sequence of assignments
> - if there is a predefined order, then
> -- that predefined order must be learned by everyone
> -- for every deviation of that order the appropriate sequence of
> assignments must be coded anyway

If there weren't performance issues I don't think there would be any
reason for the order not to be fixed. If someone knew the order they
could rely on it. If they didn't they could also order the assignments.
I don't think average programmers using Java even notice they learned
the evaluation order, they just do it intuitively.

For Java, the safety is more important. For D performance is.

--
Luís