[OT] Drinking Game (was: Re: Branches and management)

Martin Persenius martin at persenius.net
Sat Apr 28 07:38:24 PDT 2007

Daniel Keep Wrote:

> That's it.  We need a drinking game.
>
> Take a shot of your alcoholic (or if you don't drink alcohol,
> carbonated) beverage of choice each time someone:
>
> 1. suggests D could really do with stable and unstable branches...
> 2. ...and carefully explains how they work as if Walter has been living
> under a rock the past decade.

I have a couple of friends who regularly tell young people that they learn more by listening than writing, Guess I should take that advice too. Sorry about that. :-(

My impression was that the discussion about branches were talking about a bigger divide between what was considered stable and unstable, basically that no new features at all would be get into stable until a major new release. Walter seemed to think this would increase the work load and wouldn't be worth it. My point was just that it may not be so painful if the differences between the branches are smaller, and shorter.

My apologies to Walter if he was insulted by this simplistic statement, or if it was just stating the obvious.