D Developers Conference

Chad J gamerChad at _spamIsBad_gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 10:32:53 PDT 2007

Pragma wrote:
> Clay Smith wrote:
>
>> Brad Roberts wrote:
>>
>>> It's been way too long since my last update on the D conference
>>> front. I've procured the space, cajoled a few people into speaking,
>>> and put together a quick website:
>>>
>>>     http://d.puremagic.com/conference2007/
>>>
>>> If you will be attending, please click on the registration link.
>>> There isn't an entrance fee or anything like that, but I do need to
>>> get a fairly accurate count of who will be attending.
>>>
>>> I'm looking forward to seeing you all there.. mark your calendars,
>>> August 23 and 24, 2007.
>>>
>>> Later,
>>> Brad
>>

>> If all goes well and my car doesn't die on me, this summer I'm
>> planning on taking a long road trip.
>>
>> MN --> Colorado --> California --> Seattle --> MN
>>
>> If I don't know 100%, should I still sign up?
>>
>> ~ Clay
>

> Well, there are certainly worse ways to get there.  I present to the
> DNG, for your reading pleasure, the Penny-Arcade Expo Cross-Country
> Supertrip schedule:
>
> http://www.ccsupertrip.org/schedule.html
>
> It takes all week, and you'll get there really late on the 23rd.  Just
> talk about how much you love Halo the whole time and nobody will suspect
> a thing.

heh, so crazy it just might work.  I live in Ohio, so it swings by me,
and I'm a gamer so this PAX thing sounds like it would be very cool.
While I was thinking "damn, D-con is too expensive", perhaps this could
change that into a week of awesomeness or something.  It also just so
happens to fall shortly after my summer quarter classes, and before my
fall classes, like it is conspiring to work or something.

Now then, hotels are just soooo expensive, so, will D-con have public
showers? ;)  jk of course, but I would need a place to crash and
shower... one that doesn't cost $80 a night...