template forward reference

C. Dunn cdunn2001 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 23:35:09 PDT 2007

Kirk McDonald Wrote:

> C. Dunn wrote:
> > Kirk McDonald Wrote:
> >>Goodness. That looks familiar. I used to have all kinds of problems with
> >>that in Pyd, but some DMD version or other cleared it all up. Which
> >>version of the compiler are you using?

Hey!  Do you work on Pyd?  Maybe you can answer a question for me:  Is the D garbage collector aware of the references in Python to D data?

With SWIG, some languages can have problems when the pointer is stored as a string.  I just want to be sure that with Pyd it is not mangled somehow to fool the gc.  You probably already thought of this, but I just want to be sure.  I didn't notice it in the docs.

Python is a reference-counted language, so the interaction with a garbage-collector is interesting.

> The Linux download is the same as the Windows one. Just be sure you
> follow the installation instructions to the letter:
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/dcompiler.html#linux

Yes, but how do I get 2.0 for Linux?  I ended up with 1.015.