Few things

downs default_357-line at yahoo.de
Thu Aug 2 07:56:33 PDT 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:
> The situation is "just fine" from the code & compilers's perspective,
> that is.  From the coder's perspective, however, the default mechanism
> has the same drawback as C++ #includes.  The user has to be intimately
> familiar with the contents of every module included to analyze code
> someone else has written.  Or you need to have a slick IDE that parses
> everything and figures out for you where various symbols are coming from.
>
> --bb

I believe this is a social problem more than a technical one. Sometimes, you just need to develop a
one-person program where you, obviously, know all imported modules - in this case I'd rather the
language _not_ force you to use FQN.
After all, when easily readable code is needed (say, in a corporate environment), the company in
question can always simply make static (or selective) imports part of their style rules. There's
nothing in D to _stop_ you from using FQN when required. So yes, the situation _is_ just fine :)
  --downs