gSoap

James K Smith jksmith at dx-machine.com
Thu Aug 2 21:43:59 PDT 2007

"kenny" <funisher at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:f8u7bc$nf0$1 at digitalmars.com...
> No, I definitely am using D for commercial grade web services but not with
gsoap... I'd actually never even looked into soap, so I looked through
gsoap's website... I'll be honest, I have no idea what it's talking about...

What I meant by "commercial grade," was implementing a standard protocol
over https. Most any shop no matter what the dev tools can shoot me soap
messages through a client after I publish the wsdl for the calls. It would
be great to have something standard like this implemented in D. xml-rpc
would work as well. Add https or tls to the mango http server, and it's a
starting point. Http without security and authentication is not much value
for commerce of course.

In the meantime though, gsoap does all this stuff in straight C.

> It shouldn't be too hard to bind it though. It appears that everything
goes through C interfaces. You could also write some sweet sweet templates
to automate some of that nonsense on the page in the examples sections
(seems like a lot to do very little).

Doing some work with bcd.gen now.