Hijacking

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Mon Aug 6 10:34:10 PDT 2007

Bruno Medeiros wrote:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>> keyword. It might be one of those things like exception specifications
>> where everyone says it's a good idea but guiltily hate in secret <g>.
>>

> I don't think the mainstream opinion in Java is that checked exceptions
> are a good ideia.

It's not a great analogy, because there are very good technical
arguments against checked exceptions. But I do remember prominent Java
people promoting checked exceptions as a great idea, while in their own
code they'd subvert them because they were just too annoying.

I also think that mainstream Java has evolved its understanding of
checked exceptions.