Hijacking

Chris Nicholson-Sauls ibisbasenji at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 13:15:12 PDT 2007

Sean Kelly wrote:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>> Sean Kelly wrote:
>>> How does "override:" work with other properties used as labels?  Is
>>> it disabled when public/protected/private is next used in the same way?
>>
>> It adds to them.
>
> So is there anyway to disable "override:" once set?
>

> Sean

Since there is no "not an override" keyword, I would wager there isn't.
  (Unless for end of current scope, aye?  But even then...)

I don't think we really need a non-override keyword, and I wouldn't want
'final' to be given that effect either ('final override' should be a
valid attribute), or any other existing attributes... so our options are:

#1 - Add some sort of "plain" specifier, or a way to un-set a 'foo:'
attribute.  Maybe '!foo:' or similar.

#2 - Make a point of using 'override { ... }' instead.

...I think I prefer #2.

-- Chris Nicholson-Sauls