a more consistent const syntax

Chris Nicholson-Sauls ibisbasenji at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 00:56:43 PDT 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> I realize there are some consistency issues with the current syntax for
> const, but it is more complicated than expected. Your idea to separate
> out compile time constants with a new keyword is a good one, and is
> similar to one Andrei came up with (using alias).

I hadn't even considered alias.  Was his idea roughly that have having
"two" aliases, one of the form 'alias symbol symbol' and the other
'alias expression symbol'?  Depending on how difficult it would be to
implement, it might just work.

If it was something else entirely, then I missed that one.

-- Chris Nicholson-Sauls