Newly rewritten developer docs for DSSS

Olli Aalto oaalto at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 03:43:56 PDT 2007

Gregor Richards wrote:
> Because DSSS' README.software_engineers was pretty bad, I've completely
> rewritten it from the ground up. It's not yet finished, but it's
> definitely ready to receive some intensive feedback.
>
> So please, read
> http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dsss/trunk/docs/README.software_engineers
> and yell at me. All responses welcome.

It would be nice to be able to build and install a project in one go.
For example:
dsss build install
or just
dsss install
(which would do a build if the target is older than its sources).

Also how do I mark a section in dsss.conf to be non-installable?
For example I have a test/demo application for a library which I don't
want to go to dsss/bin.

O.