Newly rewritten developer docs for DSSS

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Thu Aug 9 13:19:15 PDT 2007

Gregor Richards wrote:
> Bill Baxter wrote:
>> Gregor Richards wrote:
>>> Because DSSS' README.software_engineers was pretty bad, I've
>>> completely rewritten it from the ground up. It's not yet finished,
>>> but it's definitely ready to receive some intensive feedback.
>>>
>>> So please, read
>>> http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dsss/trunk/docs/README.software_engineers
>>>
>>> and yell at me. All responses welcome.

> These are all excellent questions which are indeed not answered in the
> doc. I will update the doc to answer them all after I get home from work
> (in about eight hours).
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
>  - Gregor Richards

Great.  Thanks a lot for taking another run at the dsss documentation.

I think another thing that would be useful would be a dsss-by-example
page that didn't include all the distractors (i.e. the bits about how to
do X with something besides dsss), and which went a little further to
cover a few more scenarios.  The ideal to me would be that when starting
a new project I could just browse through snippets of existing dsss
scripts and grab the one that applies to my project, change the names,
and be done.

--bb