Biggest problems w/ D

Henning Hasemann hhasemann at web.de
Fri Aug 10 00:09:07 PDT 2007

> Been asked for many-a-time. I believe GDC, now supports 64-bit
> compilation.   http://dgcc.sourceforge.net/

At least for me 64 bit gdc works very fine atm (on linux).

> Been asked for many-a-time.  I think the problem is again the
> black-box linker that no one knows how to fix.

Would it be easier/less work to have dmd output the "standard" windows
object format then write a new linker? (I dont remember the exact name
of that beast)
I mean finding linkers for that wouldnt be too hard (iirc lcc has one,
there is a free one from M$ etc...) and on linux there is no problem
anyway as the object format is already the "standard one".

Henning

--
GPG Public Key:
http://keyserver.ganneff.de:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xDDD6D36D41911851