installing Phobos and Tango

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 09:40:56 PDT 2007

BCS wrote:
> What is the current best reactance for installing phobos and tango at
> the same time?
>
> I really don't want to have to maintain a VM just to keep both setups
> alive and happy. <g>

Windows? I use the junction tool somebody recommended in a previous
thread on the subject, and I'm happy with this situation. I guess linux
supports this out of the box.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/FileAndDisk/Junction.mspx

Then I have two batch files, something like this:

//usetango.bat
@echo off
echo creating junction point for dmd-tango
junction -d f:\dev\dmd
junction f:\dev\dmd f:\dev\_tango
copy f:\dev\dsss\etc\rebuild\useTango f:\dev\dsss\etc\rebuild\default

//usephobos.bat
@echo off
echo creating junction point for dmd-phobos
junction -d f:\dev\dmd
junction f:\dev\dmd f:\dev\_phobos
copy f:\dev\dsss\etc\rebuild\usePhobos f:\dev\dsss\etc\rebuild\default

It does require to keep everything that is not phobos / tango dependant
out of their respective paths or duplicate them.

Haven't tried dsss net tango yet.