Biggest problems w/ D - strings

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Tue Aug 14 17:09:13 PDT 2007

Chris Nicholson-Sauls wrote:
> Bill Baxter wrote:
>> Chris Nicholson-Sauls wrote:

>>> Oh it is, but there's no equivelant one-liner for dynamic arrays.
>>> Instead you have to:
>>>
>>> auto var = new int[len];
>>> var[] = 42;
>>>
>>> Or using Cashew:
>>>
>>> import cashew.utils.Array;
>>> // ...
>>> auto var = repeat(42, len);
>>>
>>> Which is actually just a wrapper around the above example.  It'd be
>>> nice if there were some way to specify an initializor for a dynamic
>>> array's elements in place, that didn't rely on using a typedef.
>>>
>>> typedef int _MyInt42 = 42;
>>> auto var = cast(int[]) new _MyInt42[len];
>>>
>>> o_O
>>
>> You gonna make that cashew available via dsss net any time soon?  If
>> not you mind if I do it?
>>
>> --bb
>
> Well...  I admit I don't actually use DSSS myself.  (The shame, I
> know.)  So if you want to do so, go ahead.  I have a long list of to-do
> items for Cashew... should really get to work on it.  (Like adding those
> nifty binutils.)
>
> -- Chris Nicholson-Sauls

Well, I gave it a go, but cashew, seems to depend on mango.  And "dsss
net install mango" is failing, so I guess I give up for now.

Here's the error:

mango\net\util\cache\model\ICache.d(15): module IMessage cannot read
file 'mango\net\cluster\model\IMessage.d'

ICache.d has this:
private import mango.net.cluster.model.IMessage;

but there is no mango/net/cluster directory in the sources that dsss net
is grabbing.

--bb