Hiding class pointers -- was it a good idea?

Stephen Waits steve at waits.net
Thu Aug 16 10:14:19 PDT 2007

Walter Bright wrote:

> I was talking to a person who is a C++ developer for a major game
> company just today. He told me that it is very difficult to find
> experienced C++ developers, hire them, or even recognize them in a job
> interview. When you are able to hire them, they cost plenty.

I can second this.

I'm a game developer, and I also happen to do most of the interviewing
and hiring for my group.

C++ and entry-level (i.e. fresh out of college) is almost non-existent.
   There's quite a bit of "java syndrome" going on out there.
Experienced C++ game devs are indeed expensive.

And also, *'s suck.  Please don't infect D with this.

--Steve