Biggest problems w/ D - strings

Chris Nicholson-Sauls ibisbasenji at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 14:45:58 PDT 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:
> Chris Nicholson-Sauls wrote:
>> Bill Baxter wrote:

>>> You gonna make that cashew available via dsss net any time soon?  If
>>> not you mind if I do it?
>>>
>>> --bb
>>
>> Well...  I admit I don't actually use DSSS myself.  (The shame, I
>> know.)  So if you want to do so, go ahead.  I have a long list of
>> to-do items for Cashew... should really get to work on it.  (Like
>> adding those nifty binutils.)
>>
>> -- Chris Nicholson-Sauls
>

> Well, I gave it a go, but cashew, seems to depend on mango.  And "dsss
> net install mango" is failing, so I guess I give up for now.
>
> Here's the error:
>
> mango\net\util\cache\model\ICache.d(15): module IMessage cannot read
> file 'mango\net\cluster\model\IMessage.d'
>
> ICache.d has this:
> private import mango.net.cluster.model.IMessage;
>
> but there is no mango/net/cluster directory in the sources that dsss net
> is grabbing.
>

> --bb

Oh... my.  (*dejected sigh*)  No frets.  The bits that are causing that problem are
horridly out of date and mostly mildly incomplete.  Much of Cashew will be getting
re-written and/or updated soon.  I'll let you know when the Mango dependencies have been
cleaned out.

A question: when requesting, for example, Tango from 'dsss net' does it grab the latest
official release, or the current SVN snapshot?  If the latter, I may just go ahead and try
DSSS out and make Cashew ready myself.

-- Chris Nicholson-Sauls